[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <lists at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Weird setup
 Date:  Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:16:09 +0100
> > How, if at all, would I go about configuring this? Essentially IPcop
> > does not need to act as a firewall, it has to pass the IPsec traffic
> > through to the m0n0 box. It only needs to act as a proxy. Should I
> > just ditch the m0n0 in favor of IPcop? Hate to do it.

As someone who moved from IPCop to m0n0wall a few years ago, I'd strongly advise against going back.

Your best bet might be to use a bog-standard linux box in a separate subnet running squid. Set up
rules to push everything on port 80 from the three LANs through the squid box and you should achieve
the transparent caching you desire. It's been a good 4 or 5 years since I last worked with squid,
but I do remember it working fairly successfully.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it