[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  fixing indirect problems with some apps that freez on CP
 Date:  Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:34:43 -0400
Hey all

I got bored on some programs such as ICQ and some other service freez the
comp (CPU load 100%) while user is not authenticated in Captive Portal.
That happanes because ICQ think that connection is ok, so it send request to
their server each 500ms => CPU + Monowall overload. So what I did to solve
that was simple windows app that monitors not well written programs. I also
added some network debugging thingies there too.

Any way here is the link, let me know what you think. Read me file is
included in the archive.

http://pubnet.lrc-wireless.com/process_helper/LRC-Helper.zip

Enjoy!