[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] USB Issues
 Date:  Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:44:25 +0200
I really would recommend disconnecting the drives and using a LiveCD or some other
form of readonly bootdisk.

On 2 occasions now I've found that physdiskwrite does not like the Intel Matrix
RAID Storage adapter in my system. It does show you the disks in your system in
the correct manner, but when you select the disk to write to, it will write to the
wrong physical disk. (leaving me with a broken Windows installation)

This happend when using a Transcend flash drive on an IDE channel. I never had
issues with CF cards and I've never used USB disks.

It could have mistyped two times, but I doubt it. Can anyone confirm this ?

--
Jeroen

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:15:36 -0500, Michael Brown wrote