[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  peter green <pcg at agathongroup dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP and bridged interfaces
 Date:  Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:41:20 -0600
* Paul Rae <paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk> [070822 11:30]:
> I run this setup without any issue at all.

That's encouraging. :-)

> Obvious things that springs to mind, do you have rules to allow traffic to
> and from both interfaces? By default it will not do this.

I have a rule under LAN:

  PROTO  SOURCE  PORT  DESTINATION  PORT  DESCRIPTION
  *      *       *     *            *     Default any to LAN

One under Wired as well, just with a different description.

ping'ing across the bridge doesn't appear to be working either.  I have also
turned off "Enabled filtering bridge" under System -> Advanced to see if
that would affect things, but the client still cannot ping (or get DHCP, for
that matter).

I'm checking back with the client to make sure they aren't doing something
silly.

/pg
--
Peter Green : Agathon Group : pcg at agathongroup dot com