[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IDE to PCMCIA adapter for WiFi card? Will it work?
 Date:  Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:52:39 -0400
Hey all,

I guess this is a bit of topic, but I don't know any other place to ask this
question.

I want to hook WiFi card to my car, unfortunately I only have USB port
avaluble, and there is no good (powerful usb wifi cards) so I thought to use
200mW PCMCIA card.

Now the question is can I use USB (IDE to PCMCIA) adapter for a wifi card,
even though it is designed to work with hard drives?   For me it seams
strange to put wifi card on ISE but maybe it can work? Any available info?

Also does any one cnow any CF WiFI card that has antenna connector?

Thanks a lot!