[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Dual WAN / Load Balancing / Fail Over
 Date:  Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:04:30 -0400
On 8/26/07, Ingo Lantschner <ingo dot lists at vum dot at> wrote:

> Interesting project - unfortunately I have a Soekris  Net4501 with 64
> MB soldered on board - so I have to look for an other solution.

Depending on your WAN speed, you may not be able to connect two WAN's
(and get their full speed) on a 4501 with anything. The only multi-WAN
solution for a 4501 that I can think of is something you build
yourself (if somebody knows of something, I'd like to hear about it).

You won't be able to push much more than 10 Mb through a 4501 with any
modern general purpose OS (any of the BSD's or Linux), so that's
something to consider before you spend a lot of time looking at
options. If the sum of the throughput of your two WAN's is more than
8-10 Mb, I wouldn't bother trying anything with a 4501.

-Chris