[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Android Andrew[:]" <android at oberon dot pfi dot lt>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DMZ (public IP) problem
 Date:  Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:34:35 +0300
Hello!
My situation:
I have router with several interfaces. There are two LANs with private
IPs, two DMZ with public IPs in my network. Public IP is assigned to
router's WAN interface.

To disable address translation for DMZ I've checked "Enable advanced
outbound NAT" box in "Outbound NAT" menu, and I entered my own NAT
mappings for LANs.
I've entered simple firewall rules for all interfaces (permit any
protocol from any to any).
Everything works fine for LANs with private IPs (DHCP, DNS, traffic
shaping). But hosts on public IP in DMZ are not accessible from outside
(and can't connect to anywhere outside).
I can ping DMZ IPs from router, I can ping WAN IP from DMZ, I can ping
any outside IP from WAN interface, but I can't ping anything outside
from DMZ (or from DMZ interface of router)...

I'm using 1.3b4 version of software, I've read a handbook on
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/nat-outbound.html , I've read m0n0 forums...

1. May be I've lost something else?
2. How can I diagnose this problem? (I can't use NAT1:1 solution)

Thanx,
Andrew.