[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jan Johansson" <jajo at proppnet dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VMWARE and m0n0 problems
 Date:  Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:16:13 +0200
Hi List!

Running VmWare server 1.03 under w2k3 server. m0n0wall 1.3b4. Setup is a=
s follows:

*Nic1 default bridged to vmnet0-->this is my LAN adapter in both m0n0 an=
d in w2k3
*Nic2 bridged to vmnet 3 and my WAN adapter under m0n0. In w2k3 are all =
services unbind=20
ed except vmware=B4s bridging protocol for this adapter.

Wan (adsl) connected straight from non NAT=B4ing modem to Nic2. Problem =
appears after                        =A81-2 hours uptime then internet c=
onnection dies. I can=B4t ping m0n0=B4s default gateway or anything else=
 outside. M0n0 website is reachable and it=B4s from there i tries to pin=
g my outside world. DHCP given "white" ip is present in "status interfac=
es" but not renewable.

I strongly suspect that the problem lies whithin the fact that time is o=
ut of sync in m0n0. NTP-server is configured and has been working before=
 when the same config was run under its own pc. The time in logs are max=
 5-10 minutes older than it was at boot and uptime reported totally wron=
g (shorter).

Any suggestions on this matter=3F

(m0n0 is the only VM running)

TIA!