[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP VPN - state issues?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:40:50 -0500 (CDT)
Hello! I am aware of the ipnat limitation in regards to multiple outbound PPTP connections from a
single public IP to a single destination PPTP server. I've been finding problems where a single
client is connected to a remote PPTP server, disconnects, and within a few minutes, a difference
client from behind the same public IP tries to connect to the same PPTP server. The connections are
not simultaneous but it appears the GRE states are still present from the original connection and
thereby denies the second client a connection. Trying to connect the first client again immediately
works. Is this also a known limitation of PPTP in monowall? Do newer versions of mono fix this
issue? Thank you!

Tim Nelson
Technical Consultant
Rockbochs Inc.