[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN - state issues?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:43:48 -0400
On 8/28/07, Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com> wrote:
> Hello! I am aware of the ipnat limitation in regards to multiple outbound PPTP connections
> from a single public IP to a single destination PPTP server. I've been finding problems where > a
single client is connected to a remote PPTP server, disconnects, and within a few
> minutes, a difference client from behind the same public IP tries to connect to the same
> PPTP server. The connections are not simultaneous but it appears the GRE states are still >
present from the original connection and thereby denies the second client a connection.
> Trying to connect the first client again immediately works. Is this also a known limitation of
> PPTP in monowall?

Not sure if it's a known ipf issue or not, but it does seem to keep
around GRE states for much longer than it should (likely because it
has no way of knowing when the connection is actually closed). AFAIK,
this hasn't changed in newer versions, though it would be worth
trying.

-Chris