[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Vanggaard_Jensen?= <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  MTU fragmentation problem
 Date:  Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:08:37 +0200
I have a lot of problem regarding MTU and fragmentation in my Monowall
setup. Im currently running version 1.3b4

WAN MTU is default 1500

I see the following in my firewall log:

Time Interface source Destination proto

09:54:48.343646 WAN MYWANIP SOME WEBSITE, type unreach/needfrag ICMP

I've tried to explicit. allow ICMP on the WAN interface - which does not
make a difference.
Also every rule (LAN/WAN) allows fragmented packages. Any idea whats going
on?

The result is, that some webpages (such as google) are viewable, while
others (such as bbc.com) never shows up.

Do you have any suggestions?

BR