[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Lagreca" <joe at BIGnetOnline dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Enable filtering bridge bug?
 Date:  Sun, 2 Sep 2007 22:51:29 -0700
Well, I know it can work, because I have a friend that uses it, and
like I said in my original post, it mysteriously worked for a minute,
then stopped.

I have logging turned on for that rule, but NOTHING shows up in the
logs (I also did that before my post here, just didn't mention it,
sorry).  However, logging for HTTP shows up in my logs fine.

Its a quite simple rule, so I'm not sure why it wouldnt work.  In
fact, its the same exact rule as for HTTP, just changed the
destination port.

Joe

On 9/2/07, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On 9/3/07, Joe Lagreca <joe at bignetonline dot com> wrote:
> > I have OPT1 bridged with my WAN, and have my Trixbox setup on OPT1
> > with one of our external IP's.
> >
> > All of my rules work fine, except for my https rule.  It wouldnt work,
> > so I deleted it, and recreated it, then it worked for a minute and
> > stopped.  If I turn "Enable filtering bridge" off, I can https to the
> > Trixbox.
> >
> > I tried deleting the rule again, and recreating it, but no luck in
> > getting it to work.  Is there some known bug with http and "Enable
> > filtering bridge"?
> >

> No. HTTPS definitely works through a bridge if you allow it properly.
> Did you see blocks in the firewall log? Enable logging for that rule
> and see if it's actually getting hit?
>
> -Chris

Joe LaGreca
Founder & Owner, BIGnet Online