[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  M0n0wall lose any functionality when put in bridge mode ?
 Date:  Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:52:55 -0400
Does M0n0wall lose any of its functionality when the WAN port is bridged to
the OPT1 port ?

A couple functions I'm hoping it will still have in the bridge mode, would
be:  I would still like to VPN into my M0n0wall from a remote location and
hopefully it can still do traffic shaping, where I can use the pipes and
queues.

I realize it will naturally lose NATing, when put in bridge mode.

I assume I would have no need for firewall rules, since it is in bridging?

Thanks much for any info.

Bob