[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "BaitFish" <holycarp00 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  "Christiaens Joachim" <jchristi at oce dot be>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple Dynamic External Addresses - How to Assign to Internal Clients? (w/o NAT)
 Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 2004 05:59:20 -0800
>I'm not shure this will work, but try this:
>
>- let your WAN interface get a DHCP address
>- put some static private ip-address on the LAN interface (192.168.1.1/24
>for exaple)
>- enable a 3rd interface (lets call it OPT1)
>- bridge this 3rd interface to the WAN interface
>
>Hook up your clients to the OPT1 interface.
>
>Enable the filtering bridge and add the appropriate rules for the
interfaces
>(narrowing could be a problem, as you don't know which addresses are
>assigned).
>
>Just a thought.
>
>Joachim

Thanks for the reply, Joachim.  I got a similar (slightly different)
suggestion via E-mail as well.  I tried yesterday just to bridge m0n0wall
and am having no success.  Regarding your suggestion above, does enabling a
3rd interface mean physically installing another (3rd) NIC in the machine?
I have tried going through the console to bridge as well as
WebGUI->Interfaces and have had no success and am lost on this one.  I've
searched and found the information below but that unfortunately still has
not gotten me going.  Heh, I'm sure it's there, probably right in my face!
Thanks again.

========found in archives========