[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "taharka" <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>
 To:  <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] generic-pc-pb27r630.img corrupt?
 Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:33:25 -0500

Is your m0n0wall's box BIOS capable of booting from a CDROM? If so, you
could install one of the newer CDROM drives (one that will read CD-RWs) &
use the m0n0wall CD version. A new version of m0n0wall becomes available &
you can eject the m0n0wall CD-RW (while the system is live), erase the
m0n0wall CD-RW, burn the new version, stick it back in the m0n0wall box &
reboot it. The m0n0wall system is only down for the time it takes it to
reboot. Never had an upgrade problem here using this procedure.

Have a nice day!!

taharka
---