[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] generic-pc-pb27r630.img corrupt?
 Date:  Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:18:33 +1000
Hi All,

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 19:54, Bert Mittelstedt wrote:
> >I bumped my m0n0wall from 32MB to 64MB, and the firmware uploaded
> >perfectly using Firebird 0.7 on Linux.
> >
> >Thanks everyone for your input - looks like we have a definite answer
> >and solution for this issue.  :)
> >
> >Manuel,  yes, it definitely looks like you need to bump the minimum ram
> >to greater than 32MB - I know 64MB works, but not having any 16MB DIMMs
> >here, I couldn't try 48MB.  If someone else can try the 48MB RAM
> amount,
> >I'm sure it would be appreciated by Manuel.
>
> I bumped two of mine to 64MB, too. Now they work well. One of them had
> another problem last time with ftp-update. This one had an unusual high
> setting for shared vga-memory 4.5MB. This was the reason why this one
> had more problems before.

I emailed Soren at Soekris about this 32/64MB issue because their
net4511-20 units have only 32MB onboard.  He informed me that they will
soon be dropping the net4511-20 base product and supplying the
net4511-30 units - with 64MB RAM onboard.  This was due to a number of
reasons, but is no doubt a welcome change for future net4511/m0n0wall
users.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/