[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dany Nativel <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 To:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Static DHCP only?
 Date:  Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:29:18 -0500
Adam,

You will find below one of my previous post regarding PPTP to secure a
WLAN connection using OPT1 (external Access Point). The OPT1 is on a
10.112.x.x subnet.  It's very easy to setup. You may want to replace
OPT1 with your WLAN card.

As soon as the user authenticates, he gets a virtual IP address within
the LAN subnet so I don't have to setup any static route. The only rules
I used are :

--> for OPT1 :        (this is here to only allow PPTP traffic)
GRE * * * *
TCP * * * 1723

--> for PPTP
* * * * *

The other settings are :

INTERFACES
LAN : 192.168.0.10/24
WAN : DHCP
OPT1 : bridge:none
            ip address : 10.112.0.1/24

RULES
PPTP clients
* * * * *

OPT1 interface
GRE * * * *
TCP * * * 1723

LAN * * * * *

SERVICES :  DHCP
-   LAN    192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.9
-   OPT1  10.112.0.2 to 10.112.0.10

VPN : PPTP
Enable : yes
Server address : 192.168.0.200
Remote address range : 192.168.0.208

VPN: PPTP: User

Under Windows, you can create PPTP account (new network connection with
the same login/password)

I hope this will help you.  This was really easy to setup so you should
give it a try.

Dany