[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Darryl Okahata <darrylo at soco dot agilent dot com>
 To:  "'M0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] generic-pc-pb27r630.img corrupt?
 Date:  Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:38:54 -0800
"Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com> wrote:

> Right there is my feelings on it.  If its having problems with running on
> 32MB, big deal.  On pricewatch.com this morning 256MB of PC133 is at 38$.
> Your machine take DDR? thats even cheaper.  PC2700 256MB, 28$.

     This assumes that one is using some ancient, power-sucking box that
actually uses slots for memory.

     If one is using a nice, power-efficient box like the Soekris, older
models have only 32MB, soldered on-board, without sockets.  Unless one
is skilled in hand-soldering surface-mount devices, adding memory is not
possible (I'm assuming that the pads exist on the PC board, but they may
not).  In other words, buying a cheap memory stick is not an option.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco dot agilent dot com