[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bostjan Hojkar <bostjan dot hojkar at fov dot uni dash mb dot si>
 To:  Peter Hansson <p underscore hansson at hotmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trafficshaping Bridge problem....
 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:07:12 +0100
It was discussed before by me and Bruce (as the one who implemented bridging
in m0n0wall). Bruce didn't c it the way i did and i didn't have time to try
itm so maybe u can figure it out:

According to
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/filtering-bridges/filtering-bridges-enabling.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-bridging.html

i would say m0n0wall is missing "sysctl net.link.ether.bridge.ipfw=1" to use
traffic shaping (works on top of ipfw and dummynet) in bridge mode..

I didn't have time to try this but my bet would be to enable this in
/etc/inc/interfaces.inc along with (already existing)  /sbin/sysctl
net.link.ether.bridge_ipf=1

Regards, Bostjan