[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "T. Lechat" <m0n0wall at lechat dot org>
 To:  "Rijs, Ramon" <ramon at soetec dot nl>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ping time outs
 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:14:30 +0100
HI,

I have exactly the same problem:
Here is description :

- Matt traceroute from outside shows more than 18% of lost packet on WAN
PPTP m0n0wall interface when traceroute to it dynamic wan ip adress.

- From LAN to WAN or WAN to lan everythings goes wrong (nothing is really
reachable).
- m0n0wall web GUI is no more useable (broken http request out)

- Impossible to connect a m0n0wall VPN from outside,

- Amazing things is : OTP1 interface (call DMZ for me) is working better
(not great but still reachable from outside and inside).

- Nothing appears in log after things start to be wrong

- Problem occurs after several hours of pptp uptime (maybe 6/7 hours)
- Problem occurs when trying a big (+/-> 20 Mo) ftp download initiated from
lan to internet

- Problems occurs since last pb25.

-  Each of following things resolve (alone) succesfully the problems:
   * m0n0wall reboots
   * ADSL modem reboot ,
   * Click on 'save' button of M0n0wall Webgui WAN interface page .

Until next trouble.....

It seems clearly that this is a pptp trouble.

Regards

Thierry.