[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chauncey Widdup <chaunceyw at sympatico dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPPoE Connection
 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 6:13:13 -0500
One thing I have noticed is there is no "release/renew" button for the PPPoE section in the
firewall. I am currently using pb22 for CDROM/Floppy, however I have read the changelogs and did not
see anything regarding the addition of this.

I have noticed that when I lost my connection (generally due to sync loss on the modem), m0n0wall
was unable to reconnect, and with the lack of this button resulted in me having to reboot the
firewall manually to get the connection back.

For some reason the connection is there, just the firewall isn't able to get the connection unless
rebooted.

Any ideas as to why this is happening, or workarounds for getting a new IP address without rebooting
the firewall would be great. Also info on adding that button or a more reliable auto-reconnect
feature would be appreciated ;)