[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Chauncey Widdup <chaunceyw at sympatico dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPPoE Connection
 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:08:26 +0100
Chauncey Widdup wrote:

> I have noticed that when I lost my connection (generally due to sync
> loss on the modem), m0n0wall was unable to reconnect, and with the
> lack of this button resulted in me having to reboot the firewall
> manually to get the connection back.

Just hit the "Save" button on the WAN interface setup page without
changing anything, and it will reconnect.

m0n0wall uses LCP echos to detect if the PPPoE session has gone down;
AFAIR if it doesn't get a reply to 5 echos (which are sent every 20
seconds), it will try to re-establish the connection. It works fine for
me, and I've never had to manually reconnect when my provider had been
down. Maybe your ISP still responds to LCP echos, making m0n0wall think
everything's still fine...

- Manuel