[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dany Nativel <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall-list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PCI WLAN card vs Ethernet WLAN AP
 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:58:07 -0500
On a Soekris board (4501 in my case), is there any advantage of using a
mini-PCI WLAN card over an external WLAN AP connected through one of the
ethernet port ?

It looks like to me that the external solution eliminates all the driver
problems and allows to use newer technology like 802.11a or g as well as
newer authentication methods. They're even cheaper for the 802.11b. On
the other hand, WEP key management may be easier to manage on m0n0wall.

Dany