[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Dany Nativel'" <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall-list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PCI WLAN card vs Ethernet WLAN AP
 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:21:59 +0100

I don't use WEP, but use PPTP to secure my wireless network (which will be
replaced by IPsec). The wireless AP is indeed an external 802.11g model,
which might be overkill for internet-only access, but very welcome for my
LAN-fileserver, to be used by my wireless clients.

All works very well (note: you have to create separate rules GRE and 1723 to
use the PPTP server from another interface than WAN) and stable. I even use
an IPsec client (safenet) to create a tunnel through the PPTP tunnel over
wireless and through NAT to a watchguard-bordered LAN!

I let port 80 pass (limited bandwidth) to the net (!LAN) for any
non-authenticated users.

This is at my home, there is alot more in Luxemburg and Brussels :-)

Regards,
Joachim

P.S. Still looking for someone that can tell me how to create an IPsec
tunnel to a watchguard from tne m0n0..

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER

any computer.