[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "T. Lechat" <m0n0wall at lechat dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ping time outs
 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:30:19 -0800
I've been seeing a similar problem with another router - which was caused by
broadcast storms exceeding allowable ADSL bandwidth...

Remember that even a 10MB connection is like 2x - 8x faster than an ADSL
downstream, and 17 - 20 x faster than a typical upstream. If the PPTP were
to generate "noise" it could max your bandwidth out, and the first thing to
disappear would be icmp packets - right?

Just a musing.

m/