[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=F4me_Simionato?= <jerome at cyber dash fr dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple Wan IP with PPPOE
 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:47:22 +0100
> My question is simple:
> is it an other way to made PPPOE connection with multiple IP to work ???
> is it possible to use the WAN card to assume my public range
> (xx.xx.xx.193/28) and let DMZ in an other subnet (10.10.10.0/24) with
> NAT Inbound ???

Sure! You can use 1:1 NAT if you have enough public IP addresses to give
each of your DMZ server its own, or server NAT if you need to be able to
map individual ports on each of your public IPs to different servers. In
any case, just assign a private subnet to your DMZ interface and add the
desired 1:1 (or server NAT + inbound) mappings. No proxy ARP required
for PPPoE.

Also, don't forget that you shouldn't allow DMZ servers to connect back
to LAN (or at least only on a very limited set of ports/IPs) - use "not
LAN subnet" as the destination for your DMZ rule.

- Manuel