[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'dakakas7 at hotmail dot com'" <dakakas7 at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Cache
 Date:  Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:13:41 +0100

I'm assuming you're talking about a http caching proxy?

Tell your customers to set the ip of your proxy in their browser's
properties (or a DNS-name you assign to the ip in your DNS-forwarder ex.
'proxy.domain.abc') and only let the ip of your proxy go out to the internet
(block all clients to go direct).

Transparent proxying is not available (yet) AFAIK...

> Also an additional question is If i'm using DHCP AND I want
> to restrict or
> stop an ip/client .. where should i place the rule..
>
> thx

If you want to create specific rules for hosts, you should either assign
static addresses or use MAC assignments in your DHCP server (this way the
get a static address from the DHCP).

Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER