[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lynn Grant <lgrant at adamscon dot com>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  M0n0wall logging interface
 Date:  Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:16:58 -0500
Folks...

I am trying to direct the logs from two M0n0walls to the Kiwi Syslog
Service running on a Windows machine.

The first box, Blackout, is on the 192.168.3.x network.
The second box, BlackBeauty, is on the 192.168.1.x network, and talks to
the first box through an IPSEC VPN. The WAN interfaces of both boxes are
connected to the Internet.  The boxes are about three miles apart.

The logging for both machines is directed to 192.168.3.200, a Windows
machine on the first box's network, and running the Kiwi Syslog Service.

I am not getting any logging messages from either machine.  The Kiwi
Syslog Service is set up to receive UDP syslog messages on port 514.

It just occurred to me that perhaps the M0n0wall is sending the syslog
messages out the WAN interface, rather than out the LAN or VPN.  I would
think that the routing table would direct it to the appropriate
interface to get to the 192.168.3.200 machine, but I'm still not
completely up to speed on this.

Could this be the problem?

Thanks for your help...

Lynn Grant