[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Brieseneck, Arne, VF-Group" <Arne dot Brieseneck at vodafone dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Routing / default route any known problems?
 Date:  Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:08:28 +0200
Hi all,

I have two monowalls running connected via the WAN interface to a wan
network one called

DMZFW ( gw and and
FEWIMAXFW ( gw and

The DMZFW has a static route to the network via

NATing is disabled (pure routing / firewalling)

In all three LANs are SSH servers.

I can successfully open ssh connections from WAN towards both LAN SSH
I can successfully open ssh connection from every LAN SSH server to the
WAN SSH server
I can successfully hop from one LAN-SSH-server via the WAN-SSH-server to
the other one
I can not SSH from one LAN to the other. ==>WHY?

When I put logging on I see incoming traffic passing the other firewall

I even can not ping from one LAN to the other (if I enable it in the FWs
I see only permitted traffic but no response)

Could it be that there is a routing issue in monowall?

Any help appreciated...