[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Smith <john at privateproductivity dot com>
 To:  "Jewell, Michael" <mjewell at law dot umaryland dot edu>
 Cc:  Joe Lagreca <joe at BIGnetOnline dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Replace m0n0 hardware and load saved config?
 Date:  Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:32:04 -0400
Couple of months back when I did this (I used a copy of the original
floppy as insurance), I booted with the configuration disk, and then
just reassigned the new nics from the console and everything else seemed ok.

John

Jewell, Michael wrote:
> from the console, set the nics,  log in and re-upload the old config, then re assign the nics
again and I think you'll be good to go...  or assign the nics, download the new config and merge it
with the old config...