[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Wells, Markus" <Markus dot Wells at sonosite dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Hello all - new here
 Date:  Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:31:06 -0700
I just wanted to say hello and that I really dig monowall. It a great
firewall..

 I do have a quick question -

 We have a mail server behind monowall and we want it's traffic to
appear to come from a different WAN ip than the rest of our natted
traffic. We already have a proxy arp entry for the ip in question, I
just need to know what kind of rule to put in place so that the traffic
from the mail server and ONLY from the mail server is natted through
this other ip.

 All the other traffic still needs to look like it's coming from the
"regular" ip.

 I'm thinking a 1:1 rule, but from reading the docs, it looks like if
you enable a 1:1 rule, then ALL rules have to be 1:1 maybe. I can't
tell.

 Or is an advanced outbound NAT rule the way to go, and if so, how will
that affect the existing rules?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Markus