[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lonnie Abelbeck <lists at lonnie dot abelbeck dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hello all - new here
 Date:  Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:25:53 -0500
On Sep 18, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Lee Sharp wrote:

> Wells, Markus wrote:
>>  I just wanted to say hello and that I really dig monowall. It a
>> great
>> firewall..
>>   I do have a quick question -   We have a mail server behind
>> monowall and we want it's traffic to
>> appear to come from a different WAN ip than the rest of our natted
>> traffic. We already have a proxy arp entry for the ip in question, I
>> just need to know what kind of rule to put in place so that the
>> traffic
>> from the mail server and ONLY from the mail server is natted through
>> this other ip.
>
> Server NAT is the easiest way to go.  You will have to define
> firewall rules as well.
>
> 			Lee

Like Lee said...

and you might also want to "Enable advanced outbound NAT", that will
enable all outbound connections from your mail server to use the same
"Server NAT" external IP, when properly configured.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/images/screens/firewall_nat_out.png

Be sure to you have read the docs before you enable advanced outbound
NAT.

Lonnie