[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Configuration with Exchange-Server behind m0n0Wall
 Date:  Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:34:56 +0200
Hi Simon
> Hi There
>
> I have to change the hole open ip-adresse-pool from outside from the = m0n0wall. Do I need to
setup something special, if I have an = exchange-server behind the m0n0wall? The exchange-server is
an mail-server for in - and outmail directly!

If you have only to change your public IPs and have the Exchangeserver
nated behind the m0n0wall you can change easy the old to the new IPs.
If you change also your provider, take care about the DNS servers.
My way to do this is following:
1. make the first backup of your running config
2.1. set or check the aliases for your used IPs within your public range.
2.2. set aliases for your existing DNS-servers
3. change in the rules the above IPs to the aliases
4. test it
5. turn log for all on
6. make a second backup of the config
7. switch in a copy of the second backup from the old to the new IPs,
dito. new DNS; do not use notepad, i recommend metapad with fileformat
unix-text.
8. restore the edited config into the m0n0wall
9. test it, see logs, adjust if necessary rules etc.
10. turn logging all of
11. backup the config.
Thats all.
More problems are the proper A- and MX- entries and the PTR-records.
Change the entries minimum 24 hours before the switchover to a vality of
1 hour and add the new entries to the old ones with the normal vality.
1 hour after the switchover you can remove the old entries.

hope this helps, my last switchover was successfull done by this way.

bye
Christoph