[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  Micha <list at e1337 dot ws>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall does not recognize WLAN card
 Date:  Thu, 20 Sep 2007 15:55:58 -0500 (CDT)
I would doubt that the board is too old. You might want to check for a BIOS upgrade though. Also,
although rarely a problem, check if you cards and slots are 3.3v or 5v. I've also seen older boards,
especially dirty/dusty ones, where the PCI slots stop working because of corrosion of the contacts.
High humidity environments can also cause this. Just something to check.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Engineer
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332