[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Micha <list at e1337 dot ws>
 To:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall does not recognize WLAN card
 Date:  Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:57:08 +0200
Tim Nelson schrieb:
> I would doubt that the board is too old. You might want to check for a BIOS upgrade though. Also,
although rarely a problem, check if you cards and slots are 3.3v or 5v. I've also seen older boards,
especially dirty/dusty ones, where the PCI slots stop working because of corrosion of the contacts.
High humidity environments can also cause this. Just something to check.

I flashed the the latest (beta) BIOS available, but the card is still
not detected. I don't find any information whether mainboard slots/pci
cards are 3.3 or 5 volt. I think some kind of mechanical defect can be
ruled out, as the WLAN card works in *none* of the four slots, not even
if it's the only pci card.

Maybe it has something to do with PCI 2.0/2.1/2.2 standards? I think the
  mainboard only supports 2.1 and the card is 2.2...

- Micha