[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?David_Hach=E9?= <dave at dhache dot com>
 To:  "'M0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless access point on Ethernet card
 Date:  Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:33:18 -0400
Hi.

Your plan makes sense logically but technically less, may I suggests if you
want to bridge the network, you could plug your Linksys directly on the lan
side switch you have.  If you don't have a switch, plug the Linksys to the
lan side on the lan switch(Linksys) and then plug your other device to the
switch(Linksys).  Make sure the management ip on the Linksys doesn't clash
with any other IP on your lan segment.  Let the current DHCP do the ip
assigning, and the Linksys do the encryption.

On the other hand, may I suggest you just use your 3rd interface as a router
with an "allow all to all" rule.  This will make your future security rules
easier to implement.  Then active the DHCP on this interface, and plug your
Linksys to it. You will create a sort of DMZ and will not have much
configuration to do to get this up.  Maybe 10 min.