[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and VLANs problem setting up
 Date:  Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:29:03 -0600
>I just got a Dell PowerConnect 2724 switch to use with my m0n0wall.
> So far I haven't been able to figure out how to get vlans working
> between the two.  Has anyone in here had success with a Dell
> PowerConnect switch and m0n0wall?

I use a number of D-Link DES-3500 series switches and a number of VLANs.

First, I suppose you would make sure your m0n0 hardware supports the VLANs -
see the FAQ.  In the GUI go to the Interface Assignments page and click the
VLANs tab.  Click the + sign to add a VLAN, choose the host interface, VID,
name, and save.  Click the Assignments tab and the + sign to add an
interface - your new VLAN should be automatically entered in the new field.
The save again.  This new VLAN interface will not be operational until you
reboot, even though you can see it and configure it.  Once you reboot you
can use the new VLAN.  You will have to make sure the switch interface
plugged into m0n0's host interface is configured for tagged packets on that
VID for both ingress and egress.

Hope this helps.

Aaron