[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Lagreca" <joe at BIGnetOnline dot com>
 To:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and VLANs problem setting up
 Date:  Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:19:10 -0700
Aaron,

My hardware is a Nokia IP110.  The NIC's in it are fxp's.  According
to the m0n0.ch

http://m0n0.ch/wall/hardware.php

"VLAN tagging
The following drivers/NICs either support VLAN tagging in hardware or
handle long frames properly. All other drivers/NICs use software
emulation that causes a reduced MTU (which may lead to problems).

    * hardware support: bge, em, gx, nge, ti, txp
    * long frame support: dc, fxp, sis, ste, tl, tx, xl (most)"

I think that means my hardware is supported and also supports long
frames.  Is that correct?

The steps you describe I have already done.  It seems fairly straight
forward.  I also configured DHCP for each of my VLANS.  So if the
switch is configured properly, when plugging into the switch, I should
get a IP address from the VLAN the port belongs to?

I think my main problem is configuring the Dell PowerConnect 2724.
It's quite confusing.  And to compound my problems, the switch has a
buggy HTML interface, when it times out, I have to clear my cookies to
log back in.

Thanks for your ideas.

--
Joe LaGreca