[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Lagreca" <joe at BIGnetOnline dot com>
 To:  "Jewell, Michael" <mjewell at law dot umaryland dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and VLANs problem setting up
 Date:  Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:35:53 -0700
Mike,

I didn't actually see the "Trunk" term in the switch, it's just a term
I'm using because it makes sense.  Is there a better term to use?

Yes, I have assigned port 24 (my trunking port) to all VLAN's.

Here is something interesting...When tagging ports with the Dell, you
can either have a T or U port.

U:  Untag egress packets
T:  Tag egress packets

Ports 1-6 are tagged with a U for VLAN 201, and port 24 with a T.
Since port 24 is my trunk port, I want all packets coming out of it
tagged for the m0n0wall to see.

I'm not sure how to setup the individual ports, as they have these
settings, as defined by the manual:

field values are 1-4094.
VLAN 1 is used as the default VLAN. The default VLAN is only used as a
port default VLAN ID
(PVID). VLAN 1 cannot be deleted from the system. VLAN 4095 is defined
as the discard VLAN,
thus the packets classified to this VLAN are dropped. All ports must
have a PVID defined; if no
other PVID value is configured, the default VLAN's VID will be used.

interface. Ingress filtering
discards packets which do not include an ingress port."

Thanks for your ideas!

--
Joe LaGreca
Founder & Owner, BIGnet Online