[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and VLANs problem setting up
 Date:  Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:21:16 -0400
On 9/26/07, Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche dot us> wrote:
> Dell PowerConnect 27xx switches are poorly-supported web-managed switches.
>
> No firmware updates ever, no CLI, no SNMP, no spanning trees, etc.
>
> I suspect you are thinking of the PowerConnect 34xx 10/100 and 5324
> 10/100/1000 managed switches.

Oh yeah, indeed, I was thinking of the 34xx, 5324, 6024, 6224, etc.
which are the ones I've worked with.

Still, knowing Dell's track record for buggy switch firmware (it's
pitiful to put it nicely), make sure it's the latest firmware. If you
can put up screenshots of the web interface somewhere (the list won't
let you attach them) and post URL's, I can probably tell you how it's
supposed to be configured. Whether or not it'll work properly even at
that is another question entirely...

-Chris