[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Lagreca" <joe at BIGnetOnline dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and VLANs problem setting up
 Date:  Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:49:46 -0700
While I still don't have my VLAN's working properly I learned a few
things today.

1.  I dont think the Nokia IP110's do VLAN's, even though the driver
they use is supposed to.  I can't get them working with the Nokia, and
I can somewhat get them working with a regular PC and a few 3c905b
cards.

2.  Linksys makes some real garbage managed switches that will NOT
work with firefox or IE7, but only IE6.

I am currently working with a Netgear FSM7328S 24 port switch.  I have
the VLAN's somewhat working.  Meaning, I have assigned ports 1-6 to be
on vlan 201.  1-6 are also untagged, where 24 (my trunk) is tagged.

Now when I plug a computer into 1-6, I get a 192.168.201.199 IP
address, which is exactly what my m0n0wall is told to hand out to 201
vlan.  However, I can NOT ping my vlan interface IP of 192.168.201.1.

I'm not doing any routing in the switch.  Do I need a static route in
the m0n0wall?

Please keep in mind, I don't know much about what I'm doing, so feel
free to suggest, even if you think its obvious.  Thanks!

--
Joe LaGreca
Founder & Owner, BIGnet Online