[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Commisso <jemc at twcny dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Choosing a firewall
 Date:  Mon, 01 Oct 2007 20:58:50 -0400
Hi,

So can anybody help me with the choice of a firewall?
I realize this is a crowd that may be biased toward m0n0wall as I am
somewhat.
I ask because I need to validate my choice in recommending this to my
employer and it is also part of my master's thesis which is leaning
toward security.
Maybe someone here can help me in a list of things to look for in a
secure firewall?
I realize one item would be ease of use, which m0n0 rates very high.
My instructor suggested openbsd which is also secure.
Does anybody here know how  m0n0 compares to openbsd?

I thank you in advance,
Joe Commisso