[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>, "'apt dot'" <get at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall lose any functionality when put in bridge mode ?
 Date:  Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:53:03 -0400
Thank you again Christopher and David for your reply.

I want to apologize for taking so long to reply.   I was real busy at work,
but also, I just remembered, the place that hosts my email, had a problem
with their server, and I never received the email that would have notified
me of your post.  I lost 4 or 5 days worth of email, and the email to notify
me of your response was lost with it.  However I should have paid more
attention to the replies on the lists.

Anyway, thanks for your reply here too.

Christopher, thank you for the info on the firewall still working even when
M0n0wall is in bridging.  I'm  leaning towards letting everything pass
through with bridging, and let the customer use their own NAT or firewall to
filter out things.

David, thanks for the info on the captive portal.  I guess I can get by
without the captive portal, since I think bridge is what would be best for
me.

Thanks for your kind help,

Bob