[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mike Dent" <mcdent at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: m0n0wall and PPPoA - will this work?
 Date:  Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:08:50 +0100
On 10/4/07, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have recently purchased a Draytek Vigor V100, ADSL/ADSL2 modem.
>
> My plan was to use this with my Soekris based m0n0wall. However I notice that
> m0n0wall has no option for pppoa settings only pppoe .
> Am I doomed?
>
> Here is a link to the site I bought it from in the UK, unfortunately I
> cannot find it on the Draytek site, which is odd!
>
> http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=286705&CatId=0

Ok, sorry, I should have read in more detail. It looks like this
device operates as a PPPoA to PPPoE bridge:-

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html

so I should just set my ADSL username and password in the PPPoE setup of m0n0.
Lets hope this setup is more reliable than my current crashing
router/modem in half-bridge mode.

Mike