[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Reliable AP equipment 400mW
 Date:  Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:42:02 -0400
Hey all,

A bit off topic, but I'm trying to find out what's your opinions about most
reliable APs

We had used D-Link 2000, 2100, 2200, 2210 APs

We also used SENAO 400mw ECB-3220

BUT what we hound out, is that they all tend to die after the year of
operations. D-link looses its flash => firmware disappear and you can not
reflash, and Seno burns out the atheros chip so you ending up wit out a
working radio. Also they are both to vulnerable to temperatures. in the
summer they barely working, in the winter they are out too, also when its
humid they tend to die too.

So I thought maybe some one know so APs 200mW MIN power, better 400mW or
more, that are very reliable and worked for at least 2 years in the field.
Preferably in the price range of up to $150 USD.

Thanks for help!