[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Janvrin <chrisjanvrin at sellmytimesharenow dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Reliable AP equipment 400mW
 Date:  Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:38:53 -0400
I have to agree about the EnGenius (Senao) dying prematurely. Over the
past 18 months my company has tried several different so-called
"commercial" APs. Our present Senao is beginning to die-it drops
connections randomly and locks up regularly. A firmware flash didn't
help, nor did hardware resets to default. Our last AP was a US Robotics
USR5453 "Professional Access Point"-it only lasted about three months
before becoming completely unusable.

We have a Cisco new in the box and ready to deploy, just as soon as I
have time to replace the Senao. I've come to the conclusion that for
heavy duty 24/7 usage we can no longer cut corners and use residential
class APs. For all the money we've spent on Senaos, D-Links, Netgears,
and USRs we could have just bought an enterprise class Cisco and been
done with it.

--
Chris Janvrin
Network Administrator