[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jewell, Michael" <mjewell at law dot umaryland dot edu>
 To:  "Joe Lagreca" <joe at BIGnetOnline dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and VLANs problem setting up
 Date:  Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:08:54 -0400
Normally you remove vlan1 from the ports when you use other vlans.  If
your intention is to use vlan 201 and 202, then remove vlan1 from the
ports 1-12.  Each client machine can only be connected to 1 vlan
(untagged port), otherwise the switch wouldn't know to tag packets as 1
or 201.

The trunk port (24) with all the vlans assigned would be the m0n0wall.

-Mike