[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Vanggaard_Jensen?= <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  MTU problems - missing source quench
 Date:  Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:39:17 +0200
Hi experts,

I'm running monowall version 1.231 (and several other versions). I often see
MTU problems - especially when using Captive portal and a bridged wireless
network on the OPT1 interface.

Most of the time the connectivity problems can be solved by setting the MTU
to 1300 for all interfaces. I have not found the underlying reasons for the
problems - but i believe it has something to do with missing ICMP source
quench packages.

A minute ago i saw this setting under status.php
"net.inet.ip.sendsourcequench: 0". From the top of my head... should this
setting not be "1"?