[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] any new low cost embedded hardware for m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:34:16 -0400
On 10/12/07, markryan <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com> wrote:
> Are there any new low cost embedded devices for running m0n0wall?  I am
> still running on a WRAP @ 266mhz and I am always interested in new
> products.  Anyone out there found a new product?

ALIX boards should be generally available very soon (by the end of the
month I believe).
http://pcengines.ch/alix.htm

I have one, I know Manuel has one, and a couple pfSense developers
have them as well. From admittedly limited experience, it seems to be
just as reliable as the WRAP, and substantially faster (though I don't
have the exact numbers in front of me).

I would definitely recommend them.

-Chris