[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] any new low cost embedded hardware for m0n0wall?
 Date:  Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:04:25 +0200
On 10/13/07, Albert Lash <albert dot lash at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I have a couple ALIX boards too and they've been working great.
> Planning to buy more when available.

Just wondering, is any of you also using them combined with  a wireless
mini-pci card?
What card are you using? What are the results?

I'm planning to do some tests with
- alix21c as system board with hyperstone CF card
- enclosure  case1c2
- compex wlm54g23 200mw mini-pci (PS Is this card supported in m0n0 1.23 ?)

But I also doubt about antenna(s) and pigtail(s)
What's the best choice? 1 or 2 antenna's? What pigtails?
Are you able to mount the antenna(s) on the enclosure without a lot of
trouble?
Equipment will be used for hotspot setups.
Any other cavecats I should think about? (heat?)

Many tnx for all kinds of information.
Y.